Which means more time to fool around in the kitchen!
And make awesomeness happen.
Like Sundaes with Edible Bowls!!!!
How we did it:
1. Homemade Chocolate Bowls from Simply Gluten Free
* Hers are waaaaay prettier than ours but we didn't mind! They tasted great but we did have a lot of problems after they had set as we could not get the balloons out without breaking them! We broke 3 of the 6 we made. Perhaps they were too thin, next time we will try to get more chocolate on the balloons.
2. Strawberry Ice Cream using coconut milk from The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
* Yummy! We used coconut sugar in place of the honey.
3. Marshmallows from Naturally Knocked Up
* These were a PAIN to make. And they had a really strong flavor. Next time we will try using coconut sugar instead. We put the fluff on our sundaes before pouring the leftovers in a pan to set up into marshmallows.
4. Natural sprinkles and a cherry on top! (frozen because we couldn't find fresh)
5. So gooey and sweet and chocolaty.....total bliss! :-P
We had so much fun making the bowls!
Pretty as a picture....oh wait - it is a picture!
And a happy moment:
When we handed Brother Chef his completed sundae he handed it back and said "Uh, I think you forgot how many allergies I have...I can't eat this, it looks too good to be safe for me." We assured him that he could in fact eat it and his huge smile lit up the entire room! <3